My best friend of 25 years is getting married in just a few months so I had to make some bachelorette cookies for her.
She is semi-eloping in Hawaii but we still wanted to get together for a fun party. We had a wonderful time getting dressed up in our little black dresses, eating a fancy brunch, and sampling wine in Woodinville, Washington.
If you haven’t been able to check out Woodinville Wine Country, it’s a beautiful area in the Pacific Northwest chock full of wineries. With over 130 wineries, it is the best way to find the perfect wine for you. My favorite winery was Chateau St. Michelle, so beautiful. We had a table on the grass and enjoyed the last few days of summer sun will sipping white blends and champagne.
Since we were celebrating during the day and in public, I knew that these bachelorette cookies had to be on the clean side. I decided to go with two types of lingerie cookies. They turned out super cute and I was not embarrassed at the idea of anyone walking by and seeing them!
So without further ado, here’s the tutorial for how to make clean bachelorette cookies.
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.*
- Part 1: Gathering the Supplies for the Bachelorette Cookies
- Part 2: Baking the Cookies and Setting up the Icing Bags
- Part 3: Making the Lingerie Bachelorette Cookies
- Save the Tutorial for These Bachelorette Cookies For Later
Part 1: Gathering the Supplies for the Bachelorette Cookies
To decorate these celebrating-in-the-public-eye clean bachelorette cookies, you will want to gather:
- 2 Icing bags
- 2 Couplers
- One Wilton #1 tip and one Wilton #2 tip – buy these at Walmart or purchase this kit I use for almost every tutorial
- Lingerie/body suit cookie cutters – I purchased both of my cutters here
- Gel food dye for buttercream frosting in Wilton Rose
- Palette knife
- Ingredients for a crusting buttercream, find my crusting buttercream icing recipe here
- Ingredients for sugar cookie dough, find my no spread sugar cookies recipe here
Part 2: Baking the Cookies and Setting up the Icing Bags
- Roll, cut out, and bake your sugar cookies according to the recipe.
- Make your buttercream icing and separate it into two bowls:
- Half of the frosting will be colored with the Rose gel food dye
- The other half of the frosting will be undyed
- Set up your icing bags as follows:
- Place a coupler into each of the icing bags and add the rose into one and the undyed into the other. Remember, only add about a cup of frosting into the icing bags at a time. Keep the remaining icing covered in plastic wrap until you are ready to add more to the bags.
Part 3: Making the Lingerie Bachelorette Cookies
Check out the video above to see how these two lingerie bachelorette cookies come together and then use the step-by-step photo tutorial below when you’re ready to decorate.
How to Decorate The Sheer Lingerie Body Suit Sugar Cookies
- Attach the tip #2 to the white frosting and fill in the entire cookie except the straps. Go light and you can be sloppy here!
- Using the palette knife, smooth the buttercream frosting so that it covers the entire body area. You want this area to appear sheer, so wipe off any excess. You can wipe it back into the icing bag if you put too much on the cookie. Make sure no cookie crumbs have contaminated the buttercream if you’re reusing it, though.
- To create the scallop edge, pipe dots of frosting along the top and bottom of the cookie. The, use the palette knife to blend the dots down into the “fabric” of the lingerie.
- Outline the bodysuit edges and draw in the straps. Then, add in the bodice stitching.
- To create a floral design, pipe small flowers onto the bodysuit. I piped 3-5 dots of frosting pulled into the center to create the small flowers.
How to Decorate the Two Piece Lace Lingerie Cookies
- Attach the tip #2 to the pink frosting and outline all of the lingerie details. Remember to rinse and dry the tip #2 first if you just used it for the white bodysuits.
- Replace the tip #2 with the tip #1 and pipe out small squiggles on the lingerie pieces. This is an easy way to create a lace appearance without spending tons of time. In fact, this step was so fast for me because I am a shaky person naturally.
Aren’t these lingerie pieces so cute for a set of bachelorette cookies? I love the colors and the small details. Make sure to check out the engagement ring cookies I made for this set, too!
Save the Tutorial for These Bachelorette Cookies For Later
Make sure to save this clean bachelorette cookie tutorial for your upcoming bachelorette parties! Use one of the images below to pin it to your wedding board on Pinterest. Alternatively, use any of the social share icons on the top of the page to share it to your favorite social media site.